Wednesday, July 25, 2012

DIY To-Do List

Woo Hoo! I have finally DIYed my first thing for my classroom. I also made one for my mom (the assistant principal) and my sister (the college student who plans to teach one day in the future). I thought it would be neat if we could all have one.

Here is a picture:


In case you are wondering how to make them:

Things You Need:
--5x7 picture frame
--1 sheet of wide ruled notebook paper
--Hot glue gun
--Scissors
--Ribbon (a wide piece and a coordinating thinner piece)

Steps:
1. Remove the back from the frame.
2. Using the insert (the fake photo they include in every frame) as a guide, trim the notebook paper to the size that you would need to fit the frame - 5x7.
3. Insert the paper into the frame and replace the back of the frame.
4. Create a bow with the wide ribbon.
5. Tie the thinner piece of ribbon around the bow.
6. Using your hot glue gun, attach the bow to the top left corner of the frame.
7. Ta-da!

The whole project probably cost me $3 per frame. I had to buy everything from scratch...except the hot glue, hot glue gun, and scissors. The frames were about $2.50 a piece and then I used very little ribbon!

For $3, I have a great little addition to my desk area at school! Woo Hoo! :)

Enjoy. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a wonderful comment on my blog! I want to know who's reading and what you think about what I have to say.

I will respond to every comment ASAP! Thanks! XOXO