Monday, July 23, 2012

CCSS Myths Debunked :)

In my search for awesome blogs to follow, I came across The Line. This is an edublog written by 7th grade ELA teacher Dina Strasser and it is actually a pretty great resource. Her most recent blog is basically just a link to an article that she co-wrote with another woman, Cheryl Dobbertin. This article was written with one purpose: debunk 4 common myths about the ELA Common Core State Standards.

I can honestly say that I'm a better person for reading it. I already knew this stuff, but there is something to be said about reading the things your thinking in an educational article. I feel like I am RIGHT and that "ah-ha" moment is worth the 6 minutes it took me to read through this article.

Teachers, read it for yourselves...especially if you teach ELA. It makes me feel a lot better about this coming year!

Link to the article: Four Myths About the ELA Common-Core Standards

Enjoy!

XOXO
--Andi :)

2 comments:

  1. We constructed our new 7th/8th grade curriculum maps off the CCSS. I'm excited about using it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that our state (NC) has adopted the CCSS as their official curriculum. We have done SO much work on them...unpacking the standards, creating units, etc. I love it so far. We will see how I feel once I start teaching! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a wonderful comment on my blog! I want to know who's reading and what you think about what I have to say.

I will respond to every comment ASAP! Thanks! XOXO