Wednesday, August 8, 2012

DIY Clipboard & Day 1 in the Classroom

Hi!!!

I wanna tell you about a few things today. The first of which is my beautiful new clipboard. I'm so proud of it! :)

Here's a picture:

I started with a clear, plastic clipboard from Walmart, scrapbook paper, Mod Podge (I LOVE THIS STUFF!), and a brush for the glue.

**I wish I would have taken pictures as I made it!**

I glued down the grey flower paper first. Then, I tore the other three papers the way that I wanted them. I glued them down on top of the grey paper. :) I loveeeeeee the way it turned out!!!! I want to make 30958 more, now!


Today was also the first day that I was able to get into my classroom. This is what I walked into (well, I moved a few things around before I remembered to take the picture):


That's intimidating to me! Luckily, my trusty boyfriend Kevin came to assist today! I knew I wanted to at least get the furniture moved around while I had his help! Hopefully, he'll go back with me next week to help me put some other stuff up?? If not, I'm sure I can recruit someone to come and keep me company!

We focused on getting the furniture where I needed it and setting up my computer/printer. Here is what the room looked like after about an hour and a half:






Still incredibly plain...no decorations yet, no nothing. At least I got my furniture set up. It might stay this way. We'll see. I know that, for the first little while, I want my kids in rows...at least until they get used to me and I to them (I'd like to learn their names before they go crazy!)

Hopefully, I'll get things done this weekend so that I can just go in and set up/decorate next week! I HATE it being so boring in there....

Next week will be a tough one! I'm getting super nervous.

Prayers, guys! (Also, if you have any suggestions on what to do differently in my room...let me know! Something still feels off...)

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I would suggest covering the sides of your filing cabinet with fabric. It will add some color and keep it from sticking out like a soar thumb in regards to color. It should give a nice color addition. You can also use magnets and keep some important information posted there. :) Just my tip.

    Ms. W
    Hootin’ Around the Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea. I'm going to hang my Filetastic on the back (facing out towards the kiddies). I may have to attach fabric to the top and the sides so that it all looks black and not that UGLY tan color!

    -A

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a wonderful comment on my blog! I want to know who's reading and what you think about what I have to say.

I will respond to every comment ASAP! Thanks! XOXO