Sunday, August 12, 2012

Anxiety *Twitch* *Twitch* & PLEASE VOTE!

First of all, I would love it if everyone would go to this link: http://gapc-vote.com/?p=3417980 and vote for my baby to win a photo contest. I never ask for favors like this...but I could really use the money! Plus, he's super precious. You'll click the link, fill out the information so that your vote counts, click no for all of the offers (if it asks you that...they won't spam you!) and then vote! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE!
______________________________________

Ok. It's beginning to set in. The school year is HERE! I'm going in tomorrow to start setting up my room. I've already got my desks set up, I think. I am thinking about leaving my desks the way I have them for a little while. We'll see.

I'm getting super nervous. I just don't know how I want to start the year. I think I have my beginning of the year activities completed. Unfortunately, I don't know how I'm going to jump in with this unit. I know what stories I'm supposed to read. I know what writing activities I'm supposed to have the kids do. I've read it all. I've created the sheets. I just don't know where to go from there. I need to get them into the stories...but I need to do it in such a way that reflects upon the new curriculum as opposed to what I did last year.

I guess I need to just start creating stuff and tweak it once I get going. Actually, I guess what I really need to do is create my assessment first and then go backwards from there? I've never done it that way...even though that's recommended...lol. I'll have to try that and see if it's any easier :)

My anxiety over the year beginning is really starting to affect me. I'm not able to sleep at night. I toss and turn until I pass out from sheer exhaustion. I don't know why I'm so nervous about it this year. Last year turned out fine. I was actually really sad to have my kids leave me. I wasn't done with them. I needed more time to mold them and shape them. I wish I was going back in and having the same kids again. Now, starting over with four new classes of kids makes me SO nervous. Add that to the fact that all of the ELA teachers on my floor are new to the 7th grade and you get one very nervous Andi.

Ok. Deep breath.

I need to finish my drink and go to bed. Otherwise, I won't be able to get any sleep. It takes me a few hours to fall asleep anyway :(

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a wonderful comment on my blog! I want to know who's reading and what you think about what I have to say.

I will respond to every comment ASAP! Thanks! XOXO