- Finish creating materials for the 1st unit.
- Create my ISN cover and table of contents page. I'll make the rest as I go along with the kids.
- Create birthday calendar/area.
Create enrichment station with materials for students to grab when they finish their work for the day.
- Vocabulary for the 1st 6 Weeks. (WWW)
- Create SmartBoard work/bell-ringers.
- Create flowers for above my board.
- Welcome Back letter
- 18 Book Project Stuff
- ELA Survey
- Discipline Record
That should take care of my classroom and make me prepared for the beginning of the year.
Phew. I'm still so anxious. Does the anxiety about the 1st day of school ever go away?
**Update - 8/15/12 (3:30 pm) - Finished my bulletin board, "What Did You Say?" cabinets, calendar, and grade/copy/file box. Realized that I still need to hang my emergency information...so I'll create that tonight and hang it tomorrow. I didn't plan on coming back to work tomorrow, but I'll be here anyway.**
**Update - 8/16/12 (2:51 pm) - Finished my expectations and consequences posters, hung the rest of my ELA writing posters, created my space for emergency info and the phone list, put my files away, created my date, homework, learning target, and agenda labels (but need to print them, laminate them, and cut them out), laminated my months of the year and "I can..." statement cards and cut them out, and got my calendar completed. Busy day!**