Sunday, August 19, 2012

Update!

Ok, I'm aware that I didn't post at all yesterday. I don't know what's up with me. I could not get motivated to do anything. I guess I'm just trying to enjoy my last two days of break. I officially go back to work tomorrow. I'm not sure how I'm going to get up at 6 AM, get myself and my child ready, and be at work by 8. I haven't gotten up before 8 in at least a month. I should have been trying all week to get used to the schedule...but I just wanted to enjoy my time. For the next 9-10 months, I'm going to be up at 6 AM every day...and yes, I mean every day....because once my child is on a schedule and is up at 6 AM during the week, he'll be up at 6 AM on Saturdays and Sundays as well. Sigh, this is the life of a teacher.

I'm still kinda nervous about going back. It doesn't feel real. I'm going to go tomorrow, sit in my meetings, and take it all in. Last year, I was so incredibly nervous about starting. It was my VERY FIRST DAY as a teacher! It's been a year...and I just can't believe it. It's been the fastest year of my life.

This week will go like this:

  • Monday:
    • Up at 6 am - drink an entire pot of coffee! :)
    • 8 am - Breakfast with the faculty/staff
    • 8:30 am- 12 pm - Opening Meeting
    • 1 pm - 4 pm - Vocabulary Support Training
    • Pick up Christian from day care
    • Cook dinner
    • Weekly Home Blessing Hour (5-6 pm) + Zone mission for the day
    • Christian's bed time - 8 pm
    • SLEEP!
  • Tuesday:
    • Up at 6 am - maybe 3/4 of a pot of coffee this morning! :)
    • 8 am - 12 pm - Vocabulary Support Training pt. 2
    • 1 pm - 4 pm - Meet at Richmond Senior High with the other ELA teachers to plan for the school year
    • Pick up Christian
    • Cook dinner
    • Clean out refrigerator and freezer.
    • Write grocery list and menu for the week.
    • Zone mission for the day
    • Christian's Bedtime - 8 pm
    • SLEEP!!!
  • Wednesday
    • Up at 6 am - 1/2 a pot today!
    • 8 am - I don't think I have any meetings today....however, I will be at my school in my classroom all day...making sure I have my copies run off and ready and getting ready for open house.
    • 4-6 pm - Open House
    • Pick up Christian from my mom's house.
    • Dinner???
    • Zone Mission
    • Grocery shopping and other errands??? - Idk if this will happen.
    • Christian's bedtime - 8 pm
    • SLEEP!
  • Thursday:
    • Up at 6 am - back to my regular routine of 1 LARGE cup a day.
    • 8 am - back to my school.....working in my room until 12!
    • 1:30-4 pm - Convocation. Welcoming in the school year with the entire county, school board, and all of the Superintendents :)
    • Picking up Christian.
    • Dinner?
    • Zone Mission
    • Bible Study/Girl time - 5:30 pm
    • Christian's bedtime - 8 pm
    • SLEEP!!!
  • Friday:
    • Up at 6 am - coffee, coffee, coffee
    • Back to my room for my last day of getting ready.
      • Focus on cleaning and organizing today.
      • Make sure everything is PERFECT for Monday (oh, I'm such a perfectionist)
    • At some point, I can go to the Annex for information about the instructional support docs for the year...but I already know how to use Google Docs/Apps...so I'll see if this is a requirement. I've been using those docs all summer!
    • Pick up Christian around 4
    • Dinner?
    • Clean out car and bags (purse and school bag)
    • See about going out with Kevin to celebrate the fact that I made it through my first week back.
    • Christian's bedtime - 8 pm
    • SLEEP!!! I MADE IT!!!

Ok, busy week. Trying to get back in the groove of things. Please notice my coffee schedule. I will be bouncing off the walls on Monday and Tuesday...but that's the only way I'll make it through this week. CAFFEINEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Sigh. I'll let you know how it all goes.

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a wonderful comment on my blog! I want to know who's reading and what you think about what I have to say.

I will respond to every comment ASAP! Thanks! XOXO