Saturday, August 11, 2012

Workout Week #1 Down & Updated To-Do List

Alright, guys. I've officially completed one week of Rockin' Body! Woo Hoo!

Here's how the first week changed my body!


  • Pounds Lost: 1.1
  • Inches Lost: 4.5 total
    • Waist: -1
    • Hips: -0.5
    • Chest: -1
    • Right Thigh: -1
    • Left Thigh: -1
Woo Hoo!!! That was in just one week! I'm loving this! The weight part is sad...I wish I would have lost more weight...but that'll come off in time! 4.5 inches in one week - I'LL TAKE IT!

I also thought I'd go ahead and update my to-do list while I was posting! I try to update it once a week so that I can see, realistically, what I have left to accomplish. I have one more week before I go back to work and two more weeks before I have kiddies again. AHHHHHH!

Here it is:
  1. Finish creating materials for 1st Unit.
  2. Create a sample ISN. Keep it updated throughout the year so that kids who miss notes and assignments have something to reference.
  3. Organize books by genre and author. Put labels on shelves.
  4. Word Wall/Concept Map sketch for one of my whiteboards.
  5. Create hanging file box for lesson plans, folders that I'm currently using, and calendar (Pinterest idea).
  6. Create a master notebook with one copy of every worksheet that I use. (I want to do this, but, with the new curriculum, I may just have to make it as I go along...and stick a post-it on each sheet with the standards that it helps me teach???)
  7. Get this for my desk! It would help me with the organization and with the staying on task! Decorate it with labels - To Grade, To Copy, To File
  8. Create a birthday chart (need rosters!!). Each month, I'll put up the birthdays. Each child get some sort of prize on his/her b-day. Ideas???
  9. Create a "behavior bingo" for management?? I think they could really like it once they start getting prizes. Here's where I got the idea: Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies.
  10. Create a station (or place in my room) for enrichment. A place where students can go to get something else to do that will enrich their minds (not just busy work...). What to have there??? Hmmmmm......
  11. R-E-A-D letters for my bookshelf. Decorate and put on the side???
  12. Create vocabulary for the 1st 6 Weeks (Word Within the Word again?)
  13. Get in my classroom and start the decoration process! I can't teach in a boring classroom! :)
Well, I'm down to 13 items (how much do you want to bet that this will be completely different...back up in the 20s...before the week is over! lol). :)

**Update 8/14/12 - Marked off 4 items from the to-do list! Woo Hoo! I decided not to do the hanging file box quite yet. Maybe one day. For now, I'll just keep them in my teacher organizer. I'm also not going to organize my books this year. I think that my kids should be able to decide what genre the book is on their own. It'll be part of their book project.**

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a wonderful comment on my blog! I want to know who's reading and what you think about what I have to say.

I will respond to every comment ASAP! Thanks! XOXO