Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Classroom Day #3 (kinda)

Today, I went to speak as a second year teacher in a meeting of BT1s (Beginning Teacher - 1st year). I got to speak to all of the middle school newbies! That was super exciting! Last year, when I was sitting in that room listening to the other BT2s talk about their first year, I couldn't imagine myself getting there. I couldn't imagine myself being a BT2. It seemed like it was so far off...like being a BT1 was so difficult that I actually would be one FOREVER! Now, here I am, a BT2...and I love it! I'm so glad that I was able to go and speak to the new teachers. I hope that I answered their questions to the best of my abilities and that I was able to ease some of their anxiety about teaching!

After the meeting, I got lunch with some of the new teachers who will be working at my mom's school. They are elementary teachers...and are wonderful ladies! :) It was so nice to go out with a group of girls and just sit and talk.

After that, it was 1:30. Christian was in day care but I don't like to pick him up until after 3. He loves to play with his friends and he's so happy while he's there. I live too far away from everything to go home and come back in an hour and a half...so I decided to go to my classroom. My school is only about 3 minutes away from Christian's day care :)

Here's what I got done today:

**My back wall/cabinets. The four black spaces will be my grammar wall. I ran out of pink ribbon on that last one. Oops! Each door will have one word at the top. It will say "What Did You Say?" and each class will work with one door. Any time a student says something incorrectly, they have to get a post-it, write what they said on the post-it, write it the correct way, sign their name, and stick it on that class's door. It will be a nice competition!**

**This is the left wall of my class. It has my bookshelves and two computers that don't work!!! Lol. I need to have them removed this year. I added those three posters on the left today. I left an open space....it needs something....hmmmmm**

**Close up of the posters**

**I put up those two posters above this bookshelf which is on the right side of my classroom. I also put all of those books on the shelves today!**

So that's it for now! I'm super excited about how it's turning out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a wonderful comment on my blog! I want to know who's reading and what you think about what I have to say.

I will respond to every comment ASAP! Thanks! XOXO