Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Woo hoo! Day 3!

Day 2 and 3 of the challenge always seem to be the most difficult.


The headaches.

I'm a huge coffee drinker. By that, I mean I drink coffee from the time I wake up until about 11:30 AM every day (on the weekends, maybe longer because I can be lazy) - so a huge amount of time - AND I drink large quantities. HUGE coffee drinker.

I don't really drink soda, so that's not an issue.

No coffee, though? Oh gosh. Yesterday at about 4 PM, I thought I was going to die. My head was killing me. I toughed it out, but it was hard. I didn't take any ibuprofen. I just stayed hydrated and told myself, "This is what coffee does to you. Caffeine is a drug. You can beat this." Positive self-talk, if you know me, is not easy...but it helped!

Anyway, here's how Day 2 played out:

Snack during planning, after a parent meeting that was cancelled, was an unripe banana. It wasn't bad, just not as delicious as ripe ones.

Lunch (12 PM): Salad, Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing, Tuna, and an apple. Lots of water.

Snack (3-3:30 PM): Spark (30 minutes before) and then a 100 calorie pack of natural almonds.

Then, I tutored at another school until 4:30. I look forward to this on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I love those 5th graders.

Dinner was at Nick's parents' house in Aberdeen. I got to meet my new nephew for the first time. He was only 4 days old. So little. I hogged him the whole time (Yes, I am that person). But, hey, to be fair, I think I was helping. I fed him and gave his mommy a little break to rest her arms and relax! Babies usually like me, so he was pretty calm most of the time. He's adorable.

  • Oh, and as far as food goes, DeAnn (Nick's mom) was nice enough to make brown rice, baked chicken (she modified her recipe for me), and green beans. Still something healthy! I love that she will go out of her way to accommodate others. Very selfless.
By the end of the whole day, I ended up taking in under 1200 calories. (1179, I think) I was a little thirsty, but not starving. I can do this.

For exercise, we did PiYo. This is so my soulmate workout, and Nick loves it too. We did Define: Lower Body. It was much easier tonight than last night, but we both were sweatier. Weird how that works out.

AND NOW: DAY 3!!!!!!!!

Today is a Staff Development Day for my county, so students are off from school. I have to be there at 8, which gives me about 30 extra minutes to relax in the morning. Even still, I woke up at 5 with Nick. He gets up at varies depending on how tired he is...and then he gets ready. After he is all ready, he wakes me up so I can spend 15-20 minutes with him before he goes to work. I don't mind. It actually helps me wake up in a better mood and get a better start on my day. I like having about an hour to 1.5 hours to myself in the morning.

I drank my Fruit Punch Spark and took Catalyst, ThermoPlus, and Probiotic Restore.

Then, I did Yoga for Shoulder Strength and Yoga Headstands. It was a little under 30 minutes of yoga, but it's so nice to start my day that way. My shoulders are already a little sore from it!

After that, it was breakfast time. I have Shakeology this morning and I drank that nasty Fiber drink. It gets easier to drink that every day, but dang. It's disgusting.

The real test is going to be lunch today. My principal is so wonderful. On days like today, he feeds us lunch and provides enough for any other teachers in the county that come and plan with us. It's usually delicious - fried chicken and southern comfort foods, barbecue plates, Japanese buffet style cuisine - but I'm not eating it. I'm taking my lunch (salad and whatever else my fiance´packed me last night...should be an interesting smorgasbord of different foods). Sigh.

I also have my Occupational Therapy evaluation visit at 4 pm today. I'm really not looking forward to this. I have PIN syndrome (or PIN compression syndrome) in my right arm. When I called to set up therapy, as my orthopedic surgeon suggested, the therapists didn't even know what PIN syndrome was.....which makes me a little nervous. Plus, if the treatment plan is going to be expensive, I'll do the therapy on my own. Idk what they can do for me and my arm that I just can't do on my own (but I'm stubborn. I think stretching, yoga, and PiYo fix everything. I don't take prescription medicine like that either. I'll tough it out for the longest time.)

I'll update later today (or, more likely, tomorrow) on how it all shakes out.