Saturday, April 16, 2016

Advocare - Round 2 + Mini Life Update

About a year ago, I embarked on the journey that is the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. It was amazing. I lost 15 pounds in 24 days. I worked my butt off to do it. I completely changed the way I was eating. I stayed true to the supplements and let the program work for me.

Then, life happened. I had a birthday on which my boyfriend, at the time, decided not to celebrate with me. His narcissistic tendencies tried to turn my birthday into a night that I would spend moping about him, and instead, my friends made sure I had fun. I spent the next few days exhausted, bloated, and a little sick.

From there, I finally got back on the wagon and finished my first round of PiYo. This is a Beachbody program by Chalene Johnson that combines Pilates and Yoga into this perfect workout that is both strengthening and relaxing. I ended up losing a total of 20 pounds by the time the program was over. I was about 10 pounds from my goal before the kiss of death happened:
  • The narcissist I was dating ghosted out, forcing me to break up with him (because, duh!)
  • Summer vacation. For teachers, this means lots of down time
These two things combined = weight gain.

Honestly, I stopped caring. I could have kept going. It's all on me. I'm a highly-sensitive person, though, and I let outside influences weigh me down...quite literally.

So now, here I am, one year later. Things have changed, totally.

First of all, I'm ENGAGED! Yay! I met the love of my life about 1.5 months after that horrible relationship ended. We started dating in August. He moved in mid-December and we got engaged in February! 

Second of all, I'm almost done with graduate school! I graduate on May 13. It's a Friday the 13th too, which just so happens to be my favorite day (I always assumed that since it is considered to be "unlucky," all of the good luck is just waiting to be claimed. I'll claim it!!!).

Third, my fiance´ (oh, that's still fun to say...or write) has decided to join my health/fitness endeavor. We are going to do the Advocare 24 Day Challenge together! That's really what this post is about. I'm reintroducing you guys, and myself, to the challenge.

So, let's get into it.

Here is what the challenge looks like. Keep in mind, this is enough for two people:


Included in the challenge are the following products:
  1. One box of Herbal Cleanse + Probiotics
  2. One box of a Fiber drink
  3. One canister of Spark (we got fruit punch and grape as our flavors)
  4. 14 servings of Meal Replacement Shakes (we both got chocolate, because yum!)
  5. The MNS system of your choice (we both got MNS-E for appetite control + energy)
  6. One bottle of OmegaPlex
We each got a supplemental product:
  1. He got Crave Check (because he gets bad cravings).
  2. I got Catalyst (aka "Liposuction in a Bottle").
Because we ordered during a promotion, we also both received an additional box of Spark. We were both sent green apple. I kind of wish that they had sent two different ones, but alas. Beggars can't be choosers.

One of the most important pieces of this challenge is the Daily Guide that you are sent. It tells you what to eat for each meal, when to drink that disgusting fiber drink, and when to take each supplement throughout the whole process. It is key. It is life. We both have one!

We are starting this process on Monday, April 18th. Our last day will be Wednesday, May 11th. We are very hopeful and can't wait to change our lifestyles.


I'll update tomorrow with goals for the challenge and meal planning for the first week!

XOXO,
Andi


**Here are the links to my previous Advocare posts:

Starting the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge
AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge - Cleanse Phase Wrap-up

You'll notice I don't have a Max Phase Wrap-up. Laziness happened ;)**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a wonderful comment on my blog! I want to know who's reading and what you think about what I have to say.

I will respond to every comment ASAP! Thanks! XOXO