Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Last Day of the Cleanse Phase (Day 10)

We've made it to the end of the cleanse phase!

Today is Day 10!

Tomorrow starts the Max Phase of the challenge (aka the "let's take all the pills" phase). There are so many supplements to take for the last 14 days. It's very disciplined.

However, do you know what this also means? NO MORE FIBER DRINK! I will probably switch back to MetaMucil in the mornings instead. I like drinking extra fiber because I usually don't get enough, even when eating clean. We are going to Sam's to shop this weekend, and I'll pick some up there because it is much cheaper.



Anyway, onto talking about how yesterday ended up.

Yesterday morning, I was exhausted. Almost in pain, I was so tired. It stayed with me through the shower, which usually wakes me up, and followed me to work. I was tired all day long. Luckily, my students were very, very good. Yesterday was a day that I can truly say I was proud and impressed with 95% of them. They worked so hard to double check and improve their answers.

Lunch was fine - Salad with chicken breast, granola bar, squeeze fruit thing (fruitocracy Apple Pineapple).

I did need an extra Spark, though, before I went to tutor my 5th graders. Then, I had an apple for a snack around 3:15.

My 5th graders were INCREDIBLE yesterday! We "visited" the Eiffel Tower - read a pretty extensive passage, pulled out the central idea (or main idea in elementary school), did EOG style questions, watched videos, and completed our "passports" for our trip to Europe. They were so interested in it. It was amazing.

Then, I came home and cooked dinner - breakfast: eggs, turkey bacon, and peanut butter toast.

I ended up right under my calorie goal for the day.

We did PiYo: Define Lower Body (21 minutes) and I'm so proud to say that I did the whole 21 minutes without stopping. No modifications! In just 9 days, I feel that much stronger. Nick did an amazing job as well. I had to push him once to keep going. He was feeling a little off, but he jumped back in and finished strong! It's nice to be able to encourage and push each other. (He does the same thing to me whenever there are pushups involved - "Get it baby! You've got this!")

Then we meal prepped for day (lunch and dinner), watch 1/2 an episode of Buffy, and we were done. Asleep.

Side note: Christian goes to bed around 8:00. At about 8:15, he got back up and cried because we were going to do PiYo without him. Good habits pay off! He used to do it with me (during the summer) and he loves to exercise. He also really enjoyed his dinner. He's been eating healthier foods and he doesn't even realize it. #winning



Now today:

Woke up at 4:30, just like I have for the past three days. It's really not that bad, although it sounds like it sucks.

Spark + Probiotic Restore + Catalyst + Thermoplus for me.
Spark + Probiotic Restore + Crave Check for Nick.

Day 30 of the 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Full Body Flow. Only 14 minutes, but it felt great.

Breakfast:
Shakeology for me.
Oatmeal for Nick (he also grabbed a granola bar on his way out. Must be nice to be able to eat 1100 more calories a day than I can....sigh)

He left at 5:15 and here I am. I love my quiet time in the morning.

Today is going to be a little insane. Teaching all day, because that's my job. We have PLC during planning and that can take anywhere from 45 minutes to the full 1.5 hours of planning. Hopefully it's on the shorter side today so that we can get some planning done. I/E starts on May 2nd (school-wide remediation) and we have to take and present our materials today during our meeting.

After that, I have Beta Club until 3:30. Just going over convention stuff. No big deal. Informational meeting. I'm also going to talk to my animal shelter kiddos about Saturday.

I have to come home and finish up putting together my final portfolio for my internship - LIB 5910.

Then, I have my final class meeting for LIB 5525. This is also my final class for my Masters degree! (6:00 - 9:30, though) I'm giving my final presentation on my Product of Learning...essentially a thesis.

Nick is going to take care of dinner and get Christian all squared away. It's so wonderful to have him here. He really does a great job of taking care of us.

Is it bad that I kind of just want to stay here? I can feel my anxiety becoming an issue already. Panic attacks are absolutely no fun.



Last little note: Tomorrow, I get to weigh and measure as soon as I get up. You aren't supposed to weigh until Day 11 (until the cleanse is over). I hope I see results. I'm so nervous. Last time, I lost 6 lbs and 5 inches. I do have to remember that I can't compare myself to Nick. Men lose weight and their bodies change faster and differently than women. My progress is MY PROGRESS. I need to remember to be proud of what I've accomplished.

I'll update tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a wonderful comment on my blog! I want to know who's reading and what you think about what I have to say.

I will respond to every comment ASAP! Thanks! XOXO