Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Update on Day 1 and Day 2

I thought yesterday would be a lot tougher than it really was. I wrote a post yesterday morning about beginning the 24 Day Challenge. I'll admit, I didn't start off 100% on the right foot. I should have done extensive meal planning on Sunday before I started. I didn't. I should have had good lunch foods in place. I didn't. All I really did before Monday morning was look at the Daily Guide.

Well, let's talk about how that went.

I got to work around 7:30 yesterday morning. I still wasn't really hungry or anything. Shakeology does a good job of keeping me satisfied for a few hours.

I made it through my first class and into my planning period.

Around 9:40, I had a Granny Smith apple for snack.

Then, I taught another class at 10:50.

Lunch came at 12, where I ate tuna, peanut butter, and mandarin oranges. I was pretty satisfied from that, actually.

I went back upstairs with my students and taught my last two classes. 3:05 was finally here. At this point, I wanted another snack. I didn't have one...

However, I did have another Spark packet ready. I figured that I would drink that, go get Christian, and make it home within 30-40 minutes so I could snack. That's what you're supposed to do. Spark, wait 30 minutes, then snack.

Then, I called Nick.

We decided to go grocery shopping. We needed fruit and salad stuff, lean meats...etc.

We were at the store until 4:40. This means I drank my spark at 3:30 and it had been over an hour. I was sooooooooo hungry. He gave me some almonds to eat, which helped exponentially.

After we got home, we had a lot to take care of before I could cook dinner. Eventually, I ended up baking chicken breasts (which turned out to be really delicious - tender and juicy), corn, and we had a big salad. We were both satisfied, which is impressive because Nick usually isn't after just one plate of food (heck, neither am I, if we're being honest). I think having such a colorful meal helped us get full faster. All of the fiber helped! (We also took our OmegaPlex, of course.)

Christian went to bed at 8 and then it was time to workout. PiYo: Define Lower Body for 21 minutes. This is the first time I've done PiYo since my arm started hurting. It wasn't bad, but my hand did swell a little by the end. I think that, if I keep working and I go to Occupational Therapy like I'm supposed to, I'll be able to keep going.

All we had left to do was take the Herbal Cleanse pills and go to bed!

All in all, it wasn't that bad. I only had one time where I was actually hungry, and it was completely my fault.

I still had about 1300 calories yesterday, so I wasn't starving. Just much healthier choices.

Now, Day 2 and 3 were the worst ones last time. I ended up with a caffeine headache and a bad temper. This makes me a little nervous, because I'm going to meet my newest nephew - Nick's sister's baby, Jackson - this afternoon. Plus, I'm working at another job until 4:30 (tutoring at another school). Not a lot of time for that afternoon snack.

So far, I've had Spark, Catalyst, ThermoPlus, and Probiotic Restore. Then, I did an 18 minute full body yoga flow. Finished up with some oatmeal for breakfast (and that delicious Fiber drink that just makes you want to *vomit*) and I'm ready to start my day!

We are having dinner with Nick's parents tonight, but they are being accommodating and cooking foods that everyone can eat. I just love them for that!

I'll update as I continue! :)