Monday, April 1, 2013

NoPoWriMo: Day 1

Today officially starts National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo). I'm going to attempt to do this and share poetry on here every day this month! Good luck to me! :)

Sun blacked out today.
The world grows cold.
People search in all directions
For help that was promised.
--Where are you now?
--Where are the soldiers?
--Where is the relief we need?
Blood drenched hands claw the soil -
Searching, feeling, scratching,
Tearing apart once solid ground.
It fades away from lies and broken trust.
--Why did you lie?
--Why did you use her?
--Why can't she feel?
She doesn't breathe anymore.
Not fluently - not healthy.
She gasps and chokes on all of it -
All of the pain tucked inside.
--How will I survive this?
--How can I make it through?
--How can I make it stop??
The world darkens and ice consumes.
Cold prevails over us completely.
Hope dies. Love fades away.
No survivors at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a wonderful comment on my blog! I want to know who's reading and what you think about what I have to say.

I will respond to every comment ASAP! Thanks! XOXO