Wednesday, April 3, 2013

NaPoWriMo: Day 3

Why?
Why join?
Why fight?
It's not your war.
It's not your battle.
It's theirs.
Always fighting.
But why fight their war?
You always have a choice.
Instead...let's go away to foreign lands
Guns blazing.
Motivated.
Ready to kill.
What did these men really do to you?
Sure, your country needs you.
Sure, you want to be a hero.
But
What happens when your blood is spilled?
What do we do
When nothing is left but
Ashes


**Let me end this by saying I am very supportive of our troops. This was a stream of consciousness poem and I had a specific person in mind when writing it. I, in no way, think anything negative of our military. I commend them for everything that they are doing for me and for this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a wonderful comment on my blog! I want to know who's reading and what you think about what I have to say.

I will respond to every comment ASAP! Thanks! XOXO