Saturday, April 6, 2013

NaPoWriMo: Day 6

"I want you to want me.
I need you to need me.
I'd love you to love me.
I'm begging you to beg me.
                           --Cheap Trick

Everything starts with a simple want.
We want this, I want that.
It could be a want to have,
to try,
to feel.
We all want things to help us feel alive.

Want turns to need in time
A cure for the long-set-in itch
left by years of the drugs used
so she could dull the pain,
so she wouldn't feel the bruises left on her by lover's fists.

Need becomes love -
A love for something after the need is gone -
Or you think it's gone.
You begin to love the high,
the ride,
the escape from black eyes and a battered soul.

and what happens after want becomes need
and need becomes love?

You fall down on your hands and knees.
You beg
Like a dog for a bone.
No satisfaction. It's inevitable.
We all beg, in the end,
For our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a wonderful comment on my blog! I want to know who's reading and what you think about what I have to say.

I will respond to every comment ASAP! Thanks! XOXO