Saturday, September 8, 2012

I'm Still Alive...I PROMISE!

I'm failing miserably at my posting every day thing. I don't think I've posted in over a week. I'm so sorry, to those of you who follow me! I will try to do better.

I've been back in school with my new group of 7th graders for two weeks now. Monday starts week 3. I love them. I can tell that the "honeymoon period" is beginning to wear off and they are beginning to test their boundaries. We'll see how that goes.

This year, they've added another class. Last year, I only taught three classes that lasted about 90 minutes each. This year, I have four that last around 60-65 minutes. I thought that this might mean that my class sizes would be smaller. NO! I have 98 kids! NINETY-EIGHT 7TH GRADERS! That's a lot of papers to grade, y'all. Especially with a focus on writing...and giving real feedback on the writing assignments. OMG! This is me, freaking out a little.

The actual teaching part is going well so far. The students are really picking everything up and we're having our first big writing piece next week. I hope to start it Tuesday and finish it Thursday (at the latest). They will be writing an explanatory compare/contrast piece. Oh, I hope it goes well. I really think that these students have the potential to rock it!

So, how is everyone else?! I'm about to lay here for a while and catch up on my favorite blogs! I only follow 83, lol! :)

I will do better, promise.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a wonderful comment on my blog! I want to know who's reading and what you think about what I have to say.

I will respond to every comment ASAP! Thanks! XOXO