Monday, January 6, 2014

Thank you Yoga and FlyLady!

I've always been someone who hates waking up early...or....in the morning at all. I'm NOT a morning person. Because of this, I end up hitting the snooze button 10 times, dragging around, realizing I'm going to be late, and then rushing...forgetting stuff along the way.

I've recently started back doing my routines (thank you FlyLady) and also decided that I needed to do yoga first thing in the morning because of how wonderful it makes me feel. I have an "All Day Yoga" DVD and it starts with a 20 minute AM yoga segment. Still...this means I now have to get up at 5:30 in order to do it, eat breakfast, get ready, get my 2 year old son ready, and leave for work by 7 at the latest.

I always have these great plans to get up early and workout. They always fail.

Today, I won!

I set two alarms instead of four. I got up at 5:30 and came straight into my living room, started the DVD, and did my workout. That hunch that I had about yoga making my day start out wonderfully - I WAS RIGHT! From there, everything went so smoothly. I also attribute that to doing my before bed routine :)

Because of the routines (before bed and morning) plus waking up for my AM yoga, I was able to get ready, get Christian ready, and leave my house at 6:50. I was at work by 7:20 and was completely ready for my students at 7:45! Amazing.

This is what all I've able to accomplish today:

1. Got to work by 7:20 instead of 7:40. 20 minutes makes a difference!
2. Graded notebooks and tests for one of my classes. I usually put this off until the day grades are due. Lol!
3. Computer training and a faculty meeting.
4. Home by 4:30
5. Finished cooking dinner (it had been going in the slow cooker all day).
6. Did my Weekly Home Blessing Hour (dust, change sheets, vacuum, mop, polish mirrors and doors, empty trash, purge mail/magazines)
7. Zone Mission for the day: Dust corners and high shelves/ceilings in kitchen
8. Ate dinner and cleaned up after - cleaned the whole kitchen
9. Helped Christian do his FLY Kid's Challenge: Clean his dresser
10. Did stress relief yoga (20 minutes)
11. Most of my before bed routine is done at this point! This means that I can pretty much roll out of bed and do yoga in the AM without worrying about anything!

If I can keep this up, my life is going to be soooooo much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a wonderful comment on my blog! I want to know who's reading and what you think about what I have to say.

I will respond to every comment ASAP! Thanks! XOXO